Wednesday, October 12, 2011

good news bad news

I went to the dentist today, and I am so glad I was smart enough to make sure I had some pain meds left from last time I went. I thought I was getting my permanent crown put on today but it was just a temporary crown. so I have to go back in two more weeks for the permanent crown. They had to laser back some of my gums because they were inflamed. I wonder why? maybe its because that poor tooth has been through hell these past couple of weeks. So I have that to look forward too. I think I will forever remember this semester as the root canal fiasco semester lol. 
On a good note my best friend from high school will be in town Saturday night!!!! I had to make sure I was off work on Sunday for recovery time. I only get to see her once or twice a year so we make the time count and will stay out til the wee hours of the morning. So my Saturday night should be great as soon as I leave work. Sunday will be spent nursing a slight hangover that I expect and doing homework. I just can't wait to see her! I am counting down the days, and I think its making time go by slower.
I also got to spend quite a bit of time with my god daughter this week, which is always a positive thing. She is getting so big, and I feel like she learns something new every time I see her. She is sooo precious! The only thing is that she is at the can't sit still stage, so some tasks become more difficult to say the least. I had to get stern with her a few times and she would make a pouty face for a minute than as soon as i was done changinge me lol. She is such a flirt! It is so funny to watch her interact with people. She is very social which I think is a good thing. I am just glad I get to be a part of her life and watch her grown and develop. It is such a great ride! probably because i get to play with her and then go home lol. one day I will get the full experience I just need stability first.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your tooth still causing you trouble. I always check your blog each week to see what progress has been made. Haha Have fun with your friend this weekend! (I'm sure I don't have to tell you that ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your tooth. I had a root canal last semester. I hope the remainder of the procedure goes well for you. I hope you have fun with your friend. Not much fun nursing a hangover and doing homework, but I'm sure the trade-off is worth it. :o) Your Goddaughter sounds like my 2 year-old granddaughter. She can't keep still. She will be visiting this weekend, and I already know I will have to up my energy level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to read that you are still having the issues with your tooth /:
    have you thought any on getting a second opinion? Please have a safe and enjoyable weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your tooth. It all sounds really painfull. Hope you had a good weekend with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate dentists...and doctors...and illness...and...oh, the list just goes on!

    Hope you feel better soon.

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete