I do not know how many of you have HBO, but this summer there was a series called Game of Thrones. My boyfriend and I really enjoyed it. It's classified as fantasy, but has a medieval feel to it. Needless to say we were hooked! Well, the season ended as they always do. I turned to my kindle to find something new to read. I find a book called Game of Thrones. I read the description and wouldn't you know! It's what the first season of the show was based off of! I soon find out it is a series of four books, which makes my find ten times better. I read the first book, and things that happened in the first season make so much more sense. The book really is always better than the movie! Well, now I am on the second book....cannot....put...it....down! This book has pulled me in and is taking me prisoner. Dinner needs to be cooked, blogs written, dog walked, accounting homework done, but all I can do is read this book! If anyone is looking for a good read, check out A Song of Fire and Ice Series by George R. R. Martin. It is so worth it!
This usually happens when I get hold of a Terry Pratchett book! Don't know if I have the time for another series!
ReplyDeleteK. Smith
Eng. 226
A Song of Ice and Fire is one of my best friend's favorite book series. He has been quoting it and trying to convince me to read the series for years, but I've always put it off because I'm a very slow reader and the series looks intimidatingly long. Maybe I'll tackle this series next now! I was so excited to see your post on this! I'll have to tell my friend that he has a fellow fan in George R. R. Martin. "Winter is coming," right? :)
ReplyDeleteI love all thing Medieval! I guess I will have to check it out...
ReplyDelete-Hannah Conners